Saturday, April 21, 2012

One night in Chamonix

I am running in the Mont Blanc marathon on Sunday and I am arriving in Chamonix on Saturday evening. I am not staying in a hotel, so for about 8 hours on Saturday evening I will be looking for a place to sleep for a while. Any suggestions? Is the train station or coach station useful to get some rest or can anybody suggest somewhere else? I know this is not a normal request but any help would be great! Thanks.




|||



I think that if you want to start the marathon refreshed and ready to tackle all those uphill bits, you would be best finding somewhere decent to stay! The train station is very small and I think locked at night. The %26#39;bus station%26#39; is a couple of bus stops and benches. I can%26#39;t think of anywhere dry and relatively comfy to sleep that is free. Best suggestion ids to try some of the gites/auberge. I know that the Vagabond is full but you could search for Gite Tapia, or Auberge la Bagna on the internet. Tapia has dorm beds at 16 euros a night. There are several more but I can%26#39;t remember the names.



Good luck with the Marathon.




|||



Or the Aiguille Verte hotel is inexpensive - about 40 euros





Le Vert is a little less but also a bit further out



http://www.leverthotel.com/





I think they shut the station at night anyway. Or you could maybe take a tent?

No comments:

Post a Comment