Saturday, April 21, 2012

Michelin on the cheap in Paris

I am staying at the Place de la Republique on my trip to Paris and was wondering if anyone could recommend any fairly-priced Michelin restaurants.





I had planned to go to a restaurant called Au C%26#39;amelot but I believe that is now closed. I found a reasonable Michelin restaurant called Les Papilles but it is on the left bank and I would prefer something closer.





Does anyone have any recommendations? Please also recommend non-Michelin restaurants if you know any.





My budget is about 30-40Eur per person, not inclusive of wine.




|||



Do you mean a %26#39;starred%26#39; Michelin restaurant? I don%26#39;t think Les Papilles is a starred restaurant, just a good resto/wine bar place (very popular). I also think most %26#39;starred%26#39; restaurants are in the 8th, 16th and 17th arrs, but I don%26#39;t have a list of those. I think your budget would only allow a lunch experience at a starred restaurant, if that.





But if you mean good restaurants that are listed in a Michelin guide, you can do a couple of things (while waiting for a knowlegeable review here).. Buy your M. guide (or get a recent one from the library), locate some restaurants that are near your area, then Google their names, and find any reviews that way, often good places are thoroughly discussed on foodie blogs. Also repost with some restaurant names on the forum to see if you get some feedback. Finally, do a Tripadvisor search on the restaurant name (use the search in UPPER LEFT of this site, not the forum search) - there are quite a few restaurant reviews on TA now.




|||



Hi travelnutty,





I don%26#39;t necessarily want a starred restaurant.





I read there is a section called the Bib Gourmand which had value restaurants which they liked, one of those would be great.




|||



30-40€ + wine is not cheap by local standards.



Near Republique, Astier is a %26quot;classic%26quot;, so is Auberges des Pyrennes Cevennes. Le Verre Vole near the canal has a great selection of wine.



Here you have Michelin May %26#39;09 selection of less than 20€ lunches, including 2 bib gourmand and 2 not far from Republique, in the Marais: http://www.viamichelin.fr/viamichelin/fra/dyn/controller/Restaurants#resultSearch@searchBy=location%26amp;FO=%26amp;address=%26amp;merge=75010%20Paris%2010%26amp;sK=1424%26amp;sejour=%26amp;michelin=false%26amp;arrivaldate=%26amp;nights=%26amp;people=




|||



You can do a search on their site.





viamichelin.com/viamichelin/…Restaurants




|||



Thanks for the replies.





I have found a restaurant called Cafe Panique. I checked out their website and the menu looks good.





Has anybody been or heard of this place?

No comments:

Post a Comment