Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Paris for 7 Nights

My boyfriend and I are going to Paris in July for the first time and we don%26#39;t know what to do. There are the major sites to see, but what suggestions do you have for a couple in their early 30s....keeping budget in mind. Anyone know anything about haunted/ghost areas/tours?






|||



I am sure there are others, but here is one I found when researching walking tours: http://www.mysteriesofparis.com. Have fun.




|||



Wow,, very last minute. have you got a hotel and air yet. I bought mine for July back in Feb,, my nephew bought his last week,, his airfare was 800 dollars more,, and even looking at same hotels as me,, one was full , the other wanted 130 for the room I am paying 106.. last minute trips require some creative planning to keep it inexpenisve. Have you considered some of the air and hotel packages offered last minute. I usually don%26#39;t do packages, but some of those prices are great.




|||



I personally do not believe in ghosts etc.. but I suppose ou know about the Catacombs,, thousands of human remains lined up in underground tunnels, my teen boys loved it




|||



Lucky you - you will love Paris. There is so much that is free, because walking along the river, through the parks, and window shopping are free.





There are the catacombes - I didn%26#39;t go but it sounds haunted enough for me. www.catacombes.paris.fr





Also, several cemeteries are very popular places to visit. The cimetiere du Pere Lachaise has the grave of Jim Morrison, as well as many others such as Sarah Bernhardt and Oscar Wilde.





I strongly recommend a good guide book. I like the DK Eyewitness series because it shows and tells about many, many places. You can find something less well known that appeals to you.





Do see the Eiffel Tower from a block away or so when it twinkles after dark (on the even hour, I guess). That%26#39;s free.





I%26#39;d also strongly recommend a trip to Versailles. The gardens are actually free if it%26#39;s not a day with a fountain show and the gardens are the best part. If at all possible, do go inside.





My husband and I found the Museum Pass to be a good deal, but you would need to add up the %26quot;definite%26quot; places you want to go and see if it works out.




|||



You could do a Seine, nighttime river cruise. For example...





http://www.vedettesdupontneuf.com/





And there are inexpensive guided tours with Paris Walks...





http://www.paris-walks.com/





Approximately 2 hours, English-speaking guides, 10€00 pp. Not every walk is given every day so you need to pre-plan things that sound interesting. Based on where you stay, the Marais walk, the Ile de la Cite (Notre Dame etc) and Hemingway are all interesting.





hth



Pjk

No comments:

Post a Comment