Friday, March 23, 2012

Spiders in Paris

Are there any dangerous spiders in Paris? I have googled and can%26#39;t find the answer. I don%26#39;t kill harmless ones, but will sleep better if I know the one on my bedroom wall is not going to kill me.



from Paranoid in Paris...




|||



Now that is a question that requires an expert in the field.




|||



I have been to Paris a couple of times, and France Loadsatimes. I have NEVER heard of any dangerous spiders.



(Of course, spiders that speak French are more dangerous, being less easy to understand than the english speaking kind!!!)





This website about Spiders of Northern Europe might help!



http://www.xs4all.nl/~ednieuw/Spiders/spidhome.htm




|||



I personally did not see one spider while I was there. Mosquitos and flying insects, yes, but spiders no.




|||



Nothing dangerous. There are no recluses or black widows here.




|||



I think all the killer spiders live down under( Australia) don%26#39;t they ?? LOL ..



As far as I have ever know there are no poisonous spiders commonly found in living areas in Paris,, perhaps in Southern France, where it is hotter and drier they may have some little creepys in their wood piles that are not so nice .. like here where I live. We apparently have black widows, but I have never seen or ever even heard of anyone being bitten by one in my lifetime.





Nothing to be afraid of in Paris.




|||



I%26#39;ve heard there%26#39;s something dangerous lurking in the depths of the Paris Metro - or was that Loch Ness?




|||



I%26#39;ve only seen tiny little spiders in the garden. Never seen one indoors. I saw some large ones in Dordogne that our friends told us were harmless.




|||



You%26#39;ll be glad to know I survived the night. Thanks for the information. I%26#39;m Australian, which is why I needed to make sure. I%26#39;ll look up the website, Essexwanderer. Thanks everyone.




|||



From one Australian to another, I am not sure why you would be worried, we in the Southern Hemisphere are the ones with the creepy crawlies - one of the pleasures of the Northern Hemisphere is the lack of really deadly spiders, though I have seen a couple of water snakes in the canals in Burgundy. I have never seen anything in the way of spiders whilst in Paris which should perturb an Australian.





Don%26#39;t worry and enjoy the most fascinating and wonderful city in the world.





Surfbeach




|||



And from another Aussie, one who also happens to be rather an arachrophobe, stay away from Norfolk Island. The place is stunningly gorgeous and the people charming, but I think most of the buildings are held together with webs - and the spiders, which are quite large, don%26#39;t even have the decency to disappear during the daylight hours but are permanently on display. Dangerous? You bet, if you%26#39;re constantly under spider-stress.





I think that%26#39;s one of my favourite things about Europe - no nasty eight legged monsters. Hope your time was wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment