Friday, March 30, 2012

Versailles and Carriage Rides

I read in a travel book that you can get a carriage ride around Versailles. I have looked here and on the Versailles website, but I can%26#39;t seem to find anything about this option. Has anyone done this before or does anyone know where I can find some information on this? Thanks!




|||



All I see is the mini-train and the %26#39;golf cart%26#39;



…chateauversailles.fr/prepare-my-visit/singl…




|||



We%26#39;ve done the carriage ride at Versailles a few years ago. It was actually quite nice.



However, when we went to Versailles a few weeks back I was looking for them off to the right of the Chateau (back by the garens) when you enter the complex and I didn%26#39;t seem them. So I really didn%26#39;t answer your question but based on what I saw it may no longer be available.




|||



Darn, that sounded like fun! Viator mentioned that they offer tours that include a carriage ride, but only during the winter months. Thanks everyone!




|||



I did a carriage ride in June 2005 when there on a weekday. In June 2007 I was there on a weekend and the carriage wasn%26#39;t operating.





Maybe they have stopped or maybe they don%26#39;t operate on weekends which would be sensible given the added crowds??





There%26#39;s still a little horse icon on the interactive map downloadable from their website (donw near the start of the grand canal). But as you say, its not listed on the website so.....? Shame there%26#39;s no longer an email address on their website so that you can ask the question.




|||



Just found this email address for direct queries to the office at Versailles.....in case you are really keen to know, Amy.





direction.public@chateauversailles.fr





I emailed them for something once and got a helpful reply.




|||



Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment