Tuesday, March 27, 2012

8th or 9th district hotel recommendation. Help please!

Hi, my husband and I will travel to Paris in mid-September for 4 nights. I’m looking into district 8 or 9. Can anyone suggest some hotels please? Looking for 2-3 stars, under €130. Would prefer clean, quiet, friendly staff (we don’t speak french…). Also close to transportation and nice café or restaurant nearby. Thanks a lot!




|||



When my father visits, he always stays near us in the 8th at the Quality Hotel Malesherbes, 11 pl St Augustin. It is just across the Blvd from the Saint Augustin church. There is a large Monoprix just down the street. It is within a walk of Galeries Lafayette, Printemps, Parc Monceau, Champs Elyssee, etc (i.e. a good location). There is a metro station at Saint Augustin and there are several buses that pass this intersection.



The hotel is modern and clean. The rooms are not huge, but my dad is happy there. They speak English. I think he pays 100 euros per night. Not sure how many stars, probably at least 2.




|||



Madeleine Opera is still at 85 Euros and very close to many things PLUS public transportation.




|||



The Hotel Langlois in the 9th is a little over your budget but the rooms are huge and there is a Metro stop just down the street. The Opera and Galeries Lafayette are minutes away.




|||



Hotel Gotty Opera is very nice and the room I had had a balcony with a view of the Folies Bergeres(sp?) a block away. The steet was quiet and residential. I don%26#39;t know what the price is, as it was a while ago, but it was within my 2-star, price range. I got a special through the travel service connected with United Airlines. Happy Travels!

No comments:

Post a Comment