Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Bordeaux vs. Toulouse vs. Lyon

We have to use an aer lingus ticket this year or lose it, and we can fly from Dublin to any of these cities, just for 2-3 days. I%26#39;d love your advice on which you recommend.





I have already bee to Paris, Strasbourg, Arles, Annecy, Cannes and Dijon, so I am looking for something different.





I want a place manageable (no car) and reasonably priced. I like a more medieval atmosphere if possible, a good restaurant or two, and some nice strolling, parks, etc. A real plus would be a spa but not necessary.





Any preferences?




|||



They are all attractive cities with plenty of their historic buildings, masses of restaurants some of whih are very good. I would lean towards Lyon or Toulouse as having more medeval features. If you enjoyed Strasbourg and Dijon you would probably enjoy either - I suggest yo draw lots.



The locals will doubtless press their own cases.




|||



Railtraveller is right ! Bordeaux is a classical town with no medieval part. Of course Lyon fits your expectations with the best preserved Renaissance district in France, the highest number of restaurants per inhabitants, a gastronomic reputation and very nice strolling, including the %26quot;traboules%26quot;, as you may check on this forum or browsing Lyon websites.

No comments:

Post a Comment