Friday, March 30, 2012

Hotel swimming pool?

I know this sounds strange. I have clients that are going to Paris, want to stay in the St. Germain area- and would like a hotel with a pool. I have been to Paris many. many times and most of the time we stay in the St. Germain area, and I have never seen a hotel with a pool. However, on the risk of being totally wrong, does anyone know of a hotel in the main part of Paris with a pool?




|||



I have read that the Murano Urban Resort in the 3rd arr has an indoor heated pool as part of its spa. i have never seen it--it could be a small lap pool for all I know--and the 3rd is very much NOT the 6th. But I%26#39;ve always been curious . . .




|||



I believe L%26#39;Hotel on rue des Beaux Arts in St-Germain has a pool (http://www.l-hotel.com/).



The Renaissance Paris Vendôme (1st) has a pool, so do the Novotel Gare de Lyon (12th), Novotel Tour Eiffel (15th) and Four Seasons George V (8th).




|||



But...why? The whole idea of going to Paris is seeing Paris...isn%26#39;t it?





Kind of rhetorical, I suppose...there are just some mindsets and ideas that I don%26#39;t understand.




|||



Only high end hotels have (small) pools.



Paris on the other hand has great public pools. The one at la Butte aux Cailles is really good.




|||



Thanks so much, everyone. I will check these out. Believe me, I don%26#39;t understand wanting a pool when one is in Paris as I just love the ambience of being out in the cafes,etc. - but to each his own.




|||



Collen, make sure clients understand that males will be expected to wear a speedo type suit,, for sure in public pools, and most likely in private ones also( but check when you book ).The baggy swim shorts worn here will not be allowed in public pools for sure though!




|||



Collen, make sure clients understand that males will be expected to wear a speedo type suit,, for sure in public pools, and most likely in private ones also( but check when you book ).The baggy swim shorts worn here will not be allowed in public pools for sure though!




|||



Have a look at the following site,about the Josephine Baker pool:http://www.placesinfrance.com/la_piscine_josephine_baker_paris.html



my buddy reminded me that he went to another pool on the river seine years ago and not only men wore speedos but many women were topless.




|||



for photos of that pool:



http://www.paris.fr/portail/Sport Portal.lut? page_id =6085



more Paris pools:



http://www.theparistimes.com/content/splash




|||



, yeah yeah,, women go topless sometimes,, but rarely at INSIDE pools.. LOL Its about sun tanning and not having lines, not about giving guys a show..

No comments:

Post a Comment