Friday, March 23, 2012

gare de lyon to CDG late at night

Hi everyone,





This will be my first time travelling around France and Italy by train. We%26#39;ll get into Gare de lyon Paris at 11:30 pm and need to get to our hotel near CDG.



Any advice? I got a taxi estimate of 255 E!!



We leave Canada Fri July 3rd.




|||



Wow - who gave you the taxi estimate?





My understanding is that a taxi from central Paris to CDG is around 50 euros - it would probably even be less than that in the nighttime.




|||



Hi, thanks for your response.



I contacted our CDG Marriot and the concierge said to expect 255E. I almost fainted.



Have you taken a taxi from a train station to the airport?




|||



No I haven%26#39;t - we took a shuttle last summer and the RER train on our most recent trip in May. I%26#39;m astounded that the concierge would quote you that price! Having read many posts on this forum, it seems that around 50 to 60 euros seems about right for travel from CDG right to the city centre (near the Seine, etc.), so I think it should be even less to Gare du Nord (or rather from Gare du Nord to CDG).





You could have a look at Shuttle Inter. They are a private shuttle company that is recommended here on TA. Although normally they operate from the airport, I understand from GraceJoan%26#39;s posts that they also do pickups at the various train stations.





What is the name of your hotel? Is there a chance that it%26#39;s not exactly near CDG?




|||



Oops. Just reread your post and see that it is CDG Marriot so it must be right near there. Something%26#39;s very strange about the taxi price quoted though!




|||



No way the taxi is that much. There is a higher fee (I believe) after 5 pm or so but not that high!




|||



Thanks. I appreciate your advice.



Do we need to book a taxi in advance or just hail one at 11:30pm when we arrive?



Thanks.




|||



I almost fainted when I read the email from the concierge! Thanks for confirming that this is way too high! I have no idea why the hotel said!



Thanks




|||



Might the concierge have said 55 euros - because that would seem about right? Anyway, you should have no problem catching a taxi at the train station, and you could ask the driver roughly what the fare would be before you get in. I would budget for 55 to 60 just to be safe.





Are you staying near CDG for your whole stay in Paris?




|||



%26gt;%26gt;Do we need to book a taxi in advance or just hail one at 11:30pm when we arrive?%26lt;%26lt;





I don%26#39;t think you can book a taxi from a station: they have to get in line at the taxi stand. If there are trains arriving, there will be taxis there.




|||



Hi Moyra - our posts crossed. So the quote was actually in an email!!?





As mentioned, there should be a taxi stand right at the station.

No comments:

Post a Comment