Sunday, April 15, 2012

spring restaurant paris

Is this restaurant open? There was an article in the NY Times today which mentioned it, but said it was going to close. We will be in Paris in November and would love to eat there.




|||



You need to reserve months in advance, the restaurant is so small! But it is worth it!



I haven%26#39;t heard it was closing




|||



I believe Rose is trying to open Spring 2 when last I heard it was still under construction. In Love With Paris is up to date on all things Spring so maybe she will have more info.




|||



We ate at Spring in May and were also blessed to have a cooking class with Daniel as well! He will be at the original location in the 9th until early September (I think) and hopes to open his new place in the 2nd before Christmas.





You can check out my reviews of Spring on my blog:





www.slowtrav.com/blog/joden





We also ate there last year and both meals were among the very best we%26#39;ve had in Paris in 3 trips and 5 weeks of dining.





Keep checking his blog for updates (sorry, don%26#39;t remember the address, but just google %26quot;Spring Daniel Rose%26quot;.





It%26#39;s worth the effort of trying to get a reservations, but be aware there is no menu, Daniel goes to the market every day and buys what he thinks looks best and freshest and creates a menu around those ingredients. There is only 1 seating, around 9pm, everyone gets the same thing and eats at the same time. Sounds strange, but it was the best experience of our trips. If you are not a picky eater, put yourselves in Daniel%26#39;s very capable hands and be prepared to be dazzled!





Jo




|||



Well, I had a kind person who lives in paris call Spring restaurant a couple of weeks ago. They spoke directly to Daniel Rose. Daniel told them that he is probably going to close Spring 1 at the end of August and open Spring 2 about January 1st. I am going to be there in Sept-beginning of Oct. Daniel did take my name for an early September date but expressed the unlikelihood that it would be possible for me to eat there--or take a cooking class.





I am literally heart broken. I have been trying for a year to set this up. Maybe I will get lucky and he will remain open in Spring 1 until Spring 2 opens. But for now, this is the latest information as of a couple of weeks ago--after JoDen was there.




|||



Thank you all for your diligent research and information. I will be in Paris in November, so it looks like I will be between Spring 1 and Spring 2. I%26#39;ll have to try for our next trip.




|||



I would suggest that you keep checking the restaurant blog. Daniel doesn%26#39;t add information to it very often but he does occasionally. If there is a change, perhaps you still might have an opportunity to eat there.





The website is: http://www.springparis.blogspot.com/





There is nothing new there at this time--other than summer plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment