Sunday, April 15, 2012

CentreParis.com - Lappe Studio Rental

Sorry for posting this in the forums, but there doesn%26#39;t seem to be a listing for Centre Paris apartment rentals within the review section.





We%26#39;ve just spent four nights in the Lappe studio in Bastille, which cost €60 per night plus €25 cleaning charge on our departure. All communication was easy; I sent an email listing my preferred apartments, they replied with availability, and I confirmed which apartment we had chosen, and paid the 50% deposit. A week before our arrival, they emailed us with the details on how to collect the key, and the location of the apartment. Importantly for me, they sent this without me emailing them to remind them, so for me it shows that they are organised.





I arrived at the office, a friendly staff member took final payment (small niggle here; they charged me €4 too much on the final payment), gave me the key, and assured me if there were any issues, simply to give them a call.





I arrived at the large entrance doors, keyed in the security code, and easily found the apartment. The door lock was a bit tricky (even my partner thought so when he arrived later that evening off his own flight), but the apartment itself was as lovely as the photos on the website. I%26#39;m a bit fuzzy on measurements, but its approximately 12ft wide by 26 foot long / 4m wide by 10m long. The bed was a comfy but small double, there was a foldaway table and chairs set, a fully stocked kitchen including pots and pans (you could easily cook a meal using the hot pot and microwave), and a well sized bathroom. There was a tv and cd stereo, and a couch (covertable into a bed) and coffee table. It was comfy for two, and you could get away with parents and a small child, but I wouldn%26#39;t recommend it for four.





The only bugbears I would mention are;



the lock - very tricky for young hands, so could be challenging for older, less nimble fingers



the shower - was blocked and had long hair in it, so hadn%26#39;t been cleaned properly



tv reception - virtually non-existent.. you%26#39;re in Paris to sightsee, but still nice to catch up on the news before you turn in for the night





Good things to mention



Location - the area is vibrant and its easy to head out for the night without going too far Its two minutes from the Metro, and there are internet cafes and supermarkets within five minutes walking distance.



Quiet - surprisingly, given the location, because the studio is at the end of the court yard, you can%26#39;t hear any noise





***



If anyone wants to ask questions, either about the apartment or the Bastille area, feel free to PM me. I%26#39;ve stayed in Bastille a few times now and feel comfy there





***



If you%26#39;re looking for a %26#39;treat%26#39; restaurant while in Paris, try %26#39;Bouillon Racine%26#39; (Metro ODEON, near Saint Germain) - Gorgeous food, lovely staff, and perfect for a special meal.




|||



Thanks for your detailed report. We are renting from Centreparis in May, so it%26#39;s nice to hear that things went smoothly for the most part. You certainly can%26#39;t beat the price!





Thanks once again for taking the time to post your review.




|||



Sorry, forgot to mention, there are sensor lights that come on automatically when you first enter the enclosure. However, there is a second set of timer lights for the courtyard; the button for these is on your righthand side at the end of the letterboxes, immediately beside a door (we thought it was a doorbell initially, but that door leads to the rubbish bins).




|||



25 euro cleaning charge? hmmmm I dont think i saw that mentioned on their site. They did mention something about cleaning options.... do you remember what kind of options they have? charged differently?





would you stay there again? sounds like in general, it was pretty clean? it was easy to get your bathroom issue fixed?





any wifi?





any nice restaurants and local cafes near where you stayed?




|||



Great report. Thanks for posting it. I hope you called them on the bathroom issue. Maybe it just needed a good dose of draino - but I would have called them.





As far as I am aware, CentreParis offers an optional cleaning fee. It varies from 25 to 45 euros (depending upon the apt.). I can%26#39;t remember if it is noted on the website, but I thought it was. Either way, it is noted on the contract you receive, so they will ask whether you want it or not. I always take it.





Not many of their apts. seem to have wifi yet. They are pretty much a budget outfit, so not a lot of extras.





As was said, it is hard to beat their prices. I stayed in their Bagnolet apt. for 56 euros per night (for 2 weeks in Feb.). It wasn%26#39;t luxury, but there was nothing wrong with it - 56 euros a night for an approx. 50 m2 one bedroom apt. in Paris. I thought it was exceptional value.




|||



Thanks,



I booked this studio for this year July, im very excited.



I will put somr comments when im back




|||



Thanks for your detailed review! We are GOING to book a room with them for our September trip. We will stay in the %26quot;studio Caire%26quot;. Anybody stayed in this room before? Hope it will be fine when we see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment