Thursday, April 12, 2012

What to do in Cherbourg

I will be in Cherbourg for one day via a cruise ship. Do you have any suggestions on what to do for the day ?? I%26#39;m not into an 8 hour bus tour, what is there do to do in the town. Any good restaurants or shopping? Any advise will be appreciated! Thank you



Donna




|||



I don%26#39;t know if this helps:





http://www.ville-cherbourg.fr/uk/





A good place to research restaurants:





www.viamichelin.com





I%26#39;m afraid Cherbourg is only a place I catch the ferry, so I have no personal recommendations.




|||



Cherbourg itself is very UNexciting. The coastline and villages not too far out of town are lovely. Is there a half-day tour to some of the surrounding manoirs and gardens? That would be worth doing. Otherwise I think I would bite the bullet and do a full day tour. The only other thing I can think of to do in Cherbourg is go to Cite de la Mer which is in the OLD cruise liner terminal and is an aquarium, museum of the sea and has an old nuclear submarine that you can look round but it%26#39;s small, with narrow ladders, so you have to be agile.




|||



Hi cruisefreak. I am also going to be in Dover and Cherbourg on a cruise. What cruise are you on? We will be on the Century in April. I am thinking about renting a car and going to the Normandy beaches from Cherbourg. Does anyone know how to do this? Or are there any tour guides from Cherbourg to the beaches? others on the cruise are thinking about doing a similar trip so I might be able to pull together a few people to go with us. thank you. deb




|||



YES !! - We will be on the Century for the crossing in April. I%26#39;m trying to find some info on Barfleur for an afternoon visit. I don%26#39;t know about the Normandy beaches - but I can be talked into just about anything! I just want to make the most out of these port days................especially since I%26#39;ve never been to many Cherbourg. Let me know if you come up with a plan !! See you soon,



Donna




|||



donna, it took me going to our roll calls to figure out who you are then I went, Deb, you are such a dummy. I am the parrot mom from north florida (deb18). I am not sure now if we are going to paris or not from Le Harve and I definately dont know what to do with cherbroug. I would like to go to the normandy beaches. deb




|||



Hey Deb18 - parrot mom from Florida !!! Yes it is me.......Donna, aka dndcruisers and cruisefreak!! I am an addict of trip advisor and cruise critic. I don%26#39;t think I will go the Paris trip from LeHavre.....too much bus time for me. I hope to visit Honfleur instead. Still not sure about Cherbourg............will let you know when I decide. See you soon!!



Donna




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:37 am, March 30, 2009


|||



Hey - not on a cruise but a friend of mine just came back and check out this web site - normandytour@aol.com they will pick u up from the cruise port and from what i hear give a fantastic tour of normandy.





Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment