Thursday, April 12, 2012

Air Canada: Check in process/time for CGD

Does Air Canada have kiosks available for self check-in and printing boarding passes at CDG? Does this help speed up the process, or are Air Canada departure procedures/times as difficult and long as other posters have indicated for other airlines? We will be departing from Terminal 2A at 10:30 am. We presume we should be at airport by 7:30 am. Thanks for any information.




|||



Sorry. I don%26#39;t know about Air Canada, but the airlines we%26#39;ve flown with that allow online check-in 24 hours prior they do have kiosks available for the same at the airport. As to the check in time, yes, definitely it%26#39;s best to be there 3 hours prior. The check in desk should be open by then too. CDG is not a pleasant airport to depart from so being early is beneficial.




|||



Yes there are Air Canada kiosks at CDG.




|||



FunSun60 -- please do post how your experience was the AirCanada terminal as I will be traveling on them in a week or so.





Thanks!




|||



Yes , Funsun,, please do come back and tell us about the AC departure etc.. I will also be flying them ,, and leaving on the 10:30 am flight also, but in a month. My last flight was with Zoom( loved that airlines premuim economy) and I can%26#39;t remember with terminal it used,, but we experienced no huge lines or stress at all, just boredom as there was like one shop and one cafe in the whole secure area!!!




|||



We flew Air Canada from CDG to Vancouver in October 2007. I don%26#39;t recall checking in, getting boarding passes being a problem, but I do remember the hour plus in the lineup to clear security. So I would agree with the previous posters that you should arrive 3 hours before your flight time.




|||



Sorry I can%26#39;t help those of you flying in the next month or so; we leave early September. However, if you can post your experiences when you return, that would be helpful to me and others leaving later than you. I will make sure I also weigh in with my thoughts/suggestions when we return late September. Might be interesting to compare notes for service/length of time to check in and clear security for Air Canada/Terminal 2A in June vs July vs late September. Thank you all for responding to my question and I hope we can get more feedback from returning Air Canada passengers.




|||



We are also going to Paris in September. We are flying Air Transit. Our flight there will land in the early morning but on the way home we fly out at 9:25 am. Is CDG busy even in the wee hours of the morninng? I guess we will have to be there around 6 am. Do you agree? What do you think will be the best way to get back to the airport so early in the morning? Thank you




|||



Many flights overseas ( heading back to North America) leave in the morning,,, so yes, I would expect it to be very busy in the morning,, not less busy at all. I would be there( and always am) three hours in advance. I use a taxi at that hour,, I have one ordered the night before if I need it before 9am,, if not I have hauled my bags to a taxi stand,, LOL . I tend to err of the side of caution. I have a relative there who sometimes drives me to the airport. and he is a bit casual about things like schedules,, so I always tell him my flight is leaving 30 minutes earilier then it really is... LOL




|||



We have taken the Air Canada flights from Paris a couple of times, twice to Montreal and once to Toronto. We have found that the service has been a little hit and miss. Most times that counters have been able to process people quickly. The real concern is the security gate. We have been in a long line there that took 1.5 hours to clear and we just made it to the flight as they started the boarding call. What made it worse is that some airline person started cutting in other flights in front of us and holding us back to that they could make a flight that was departing an hour after ours. No explanation was given. Unfortunately the services in 2A behind security are quite bad with very limited things to do. Little in the area of food choices if you are hungry and little shopping. Hope this helps.




|||



I flew Air Canada from Paris to Canada in December and will be again in August.





Yes, there are Air Canada kiosks to check in. In general the whole CDG airport experience was one of the worst I have ever had. And I have been through a lot of airports in my time. The various AC staff members at CDG that I dealt with were either aloof or rude or just plain confused (or all of the above...) I am sure there are some good ones too - I just did not happen to come accross them.





But the worst part of the ordeal was the security which has nothing to do with AC. The line did not move. They finally opened up another line. I was sure we would miss our flight... In the end of course we were not the only ones in the same predicament. After arriving at the plane half dead from running what seemed like miles to the gate once we cleared security, we still had to wait for more passengers to get through the same mess and also for the airport police to come and take some sort of a problem passenger off the plane.





Good luck.





raquel





No comments:

Post a Comment